Students in elementary education at the master’s level:
- Study a common core of knowledge in the areas of educational foundations, educational psychology, educational technology, research methods, and ethics.
- Refine the teaching skills needed for working with culturally diverse children at the kindergarten through sixth-grade levels.
- Acquire a deeper understanding of the developmental needs of K-6 children in order to employ developmentally appropriate teaching practices.
- Develop an action-based research project to relate theory to practice and improve instruction.
- Develop the skills in problem solving and collaboration useful for working with colleagues as well as with elementary school children and their parents.
- Develop and learn to apply leadership skills.
For more information, please contact Dr. Carol Maidon at firstname.lastname@example.org.