Each year, the Carolinas Psychology Conference concludes the day of activities with a friendly Psychology Jeopardy competition. Join us for the fun!
Jeopardy Team Registration
Jeopardy registration will open on March 22, 2023, and close at 11:59 pm on April 2, 2023, or when three teams have registered, whichever occurs first. Register your school’s team as soon as possible.
The demand for Jeopardy participation has been so great recently that we have had more teams than we could accommodate. To avoid overload on event day, please notice these rules for Jeopardy registration:
- Competing teams must formally register.
- Jeopardy registration is first-come, first-served, up to three teams.
- Schools must have at least one student participating in the oral presentation sessions to be eligible to participate in Psychology Jeopardy.
- The actual members of the Jeopardy team do not have to be conference presenters.
- Each team needs a minimum of two active members and one alternate.
- Each team needs a faculty advisor.
Register for Jeopardy
We have created interactive sample questions in a PowerPoint presentation (.ppt). Use these questions to practice for CPC Jeopardy.See sample questions (.ppt)
- The first round has two double jeopardy items; the second round has four.
- Both participants of each team participate in each round, but only one answer per item, and no consulting, except:
- On double jeopardy items, the two members of the team consult.
- If none of the students answers correctly, the faculty advisers can answer.
- Scores do not go below zero.
- If a team does not bet much on a double-jeopardy item, we ridicule them by clucking like a chicken.
- All double-jeopardy items are psychology songs, related to the topic. The item will identify the song and singer. Your task is to sing the song well enough to satisfy the audience, who will vote yes or no. On these items, either of the student members OR the faculty adviser can reply.