As an undergraduate candidate seeking a North Carolina “Initial” Teaching Licensure, you must meet admission requirements and be accepted into the Teacher Education Program at Campbell University in order to complete practicum/student teaching field experiences. You will be expected to apply to the Teacher Education Program at the conclusion of your sophomore year.
Applications should be submitted only after all admission criteria have been met. It is important that you recognize admittance requirements early in your program of study so that you work to maintain the level of performance required to gain acceptance into the Teacher Education Program.
In addition, stay current on national/state policy changes which might impact your program of study while at Campbell University. Attend any and all information sessions sponsored by the Professional Education Department.
- Earn a “C” on all EDUC and licensure area content area coursework.
- Earn (and then maintain) a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7.
- Achieve the minimum required scores on the SAT, ACT, or Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Reading, Writing, Math).
- Adhere to the North Carolina Code of Ethics for teachers and the professional dispositions of the Professional Education Program at Campbell University.
- Complete and submit the Teacher Education Admission Application.
Applicants who fail to meet the listed admission criteria at their sophomore application, may reapply up until the final semester of their program of study. At that time, applicants who still fail to meet the admission criteria should meet with their adviser to determine alternate graduation options.Apply